Granola is now my favorite snack. I tried it out as a replacement for cereal and could not believe how good it tasted. This is something you must make if you have not before. This is a really simple paleo granola recipe and it only take ten minutes to get it in the oven.
The house smells like Christmas when it was in the oven!
With a few simple tweaks to the recipe you can make it more savory, or reduce the sweetness. For a more savory snack I use only quarter cup of Honey and use extra nuts. In its more savory form you can mix it in with anything sweeter. When I eat this for breakfast, I pour in quarter cup of coconut milk and it is amazing. To make it sweeter, you could increase the amount honey or preferably add a whole cup of raisins.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (i used dessicated coconut)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 275f (130c)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the larger nuts have broken into smaller chunks
- In a small saucepan mix the honey, coconut oil and vanilla on low heat until combined
- Mix in the nut mixture and stir well to combine
- Place in a glass baking dish or on baking paper and bake for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let it cool for about half an hour and place in airtight storage containers. I use pint sized mason jars.