I completely missed the chia seed bandwagon. It was all the rage a couple of years ago and I just did not have the time or chia seeds around to try it out.
I finally did and I am so glad. This chocolate chia pudding is simple amazing. I let it sit overnight, but generally it seems to be good anytime after about four hours. It wil last in the fridge for two to three days.
It is creamy chocolatey goodness that I just can’t get enough of. I either have it as a dessert or as an out-of-this-world breakfast.
My favorite ways to finish it off are with a dollop of coconut cream and chocolate shavings or some sliced bananas.
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except the chia and mix
- Once everything has incorporated add the chia seeds
- Stir well (or give the jar a good shake)
- Keep covered in the fridge for at least four hours
- If possible stir (or shake a couple of hours in)
- Serve chilled with desired like banana or coconut cream