Bacon and Basil Stuffed Avocado Boats are the perfect substitute for Potato Skins. These are very simple to make and just yummy! I was never much of an Avocado fan and rarely ate them, except in the form of Guacamole at a Mexican Restaurant, and that was to accompany nacho chips.
Avocados have become one of my must haves and I have incorporated them into salads, soups, and appetizers in many different ways.
Just three simple ingredients and about five minutes prep time, and you’re ready to go.
Bacon and Basil Stuffed Avocado Boat
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 – 3 slices of bacon
- 4 fresh basil leaves (or more to taste)
- Cook bacon until crisp and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut avocado in half, scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork. Reserve avocado skins.
- Slice the fresh basil leaves into thin strips and combine with the mashed avocado.
- Evenly distribute the avocado and basil mixture in the reserved avocado skins and top with the cooked bacon.
- I have only served this at room temperature and it tastes yummy. Next time I prepare this, I think I will try it warm.