Ever got together for a movie night and couldn’t think of something healthy to eat or give your guests?
After all our popcorn and dorritos days are behind us.
So what do we eat?
These absolutely awesome paleo zucchini chips.
Seriously, if you havent tried zucchini chips before (and I hadn’t) you are in for a very pleasant surprise.
They are very light on carbs, coming in at 3.1 grams of carbs for 100g of uncooked zucchini. The zucchini does shrink a lot during cooking. It is mostly water so a good part of the cook time is effectively dehydrating it and then roasting whats left. Do not be surprised if a rather large zucchini becomes a small bowl of chips.
If none of these do it for you there is my guide to paleo snacks with loads of ideas and links to recipes.
Give it a shot and let me know how it turned out.
PALEO ZUCCHINI CHIPS RECIPE
- One Zucchini (The larger the better, to counter shrinkage)
- Paleo friendly cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice your Zucchini thin. I would say 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch. You can use a food processor, but depending on your slicer, it can end up a little too thin.
- Pre-heat your oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. That is around 100-105 degrees centigrade.
- Spray your baking sheet with your paleo friendly cooking spray.
- Lay out all the chips and spray cooking sprat lightly on the chips. Alternatively you could just toss it in some Coconut oil
- Bake for about 45 minutes to two hours, or until they get to the right level of crispiness for you.
- Eat within two to three hours.
And there you have it, rather yummy Paleo Zucchini chips.
Give us a like on facebook and get all our latest recipes and updates: